Friday, March 14, 2008
Thursday, March 13, 2008
I was obssessed with this mode of analysis, believing it would provide all answers to making investment decisions. I started to use Technical Analysis in my personal investment in the stock and futures market, applying religiously what the books preached. As I carried on to learn and practise my technical skills, I got so well versed in Technical Analysis that it eventually got me a job as a Technical Analyst in an international investment advisory company.
I was thrilled by the offer as my responsiblities were to analyse bonds, stock indices in Asia and some currencies. However, my encounter with Technical Analysis did not just end there as a perfect note. Through the years of practising, I realised that Technical Analysis has its weaknesses which users must be aware of.
Saturday, March 8, 2008
GH model was formulated to generate stock signals. These stock signals were then back-tested for its accuracy. Only stocks with stock signals that consistently has an accuracy of above 80% annually and for the whole period of study, are considered to be accurate.
To ensure that the back-tested stock signlas are still accurate during live trading, these accuracy rates are continued to be monitored. The consistency of the results between back-tested stock signals and live trading have so far been very satisfying.
Yes! The stock signals are very responsive to live trading!
Sunday, February 24, 2008
The main advantages of GH model are as follow:
- Predicts stock price - the model predicts where the price will be heading
- High accuracy in prediction - each prediction is accompanied by a high chance of success! (between 80% to 99%)
- Gives profit objective - investors will know of their profit objective based on the difference between the live trading price & predicted price.
With the above advantages, an investor will be able to make an informed decision and invest with certainty!
Other advantages are:
- Ease of use - No technical knowledge required, just reading of numbers!
- All purpose - GH model can be used as the sole analysis method to decide on an investment or one can use it to complement or supplement their existing methods of analysis. For the more sophisticated investors, GH model blends well with other methods of financial analysis such as Fundamental Analysis, Technical Analysis and Inter-Market Analysis.
Monday, December 24, 2007
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Monday, December 10, 2007
Friday, December 7, 2007
Thursday, December 6, 2007
Monday, November 26, 2007
Saturday, November 24, 2007
How the subprime crisis started?
Impact of subprime crisis on equity markets in Asia
Friday, November 23, 2007
In this review, I am glad to say that another signal forecasted by GH model has been closed. With the closing of the signal on F&N, 3 out of the 4 signals have been fulfilled.
From the above table, one can see that the last signal that remains open is Allgreen. Based on the trading range on 12 Nov 2007, it was fairly reasonable to enter the stock at $1.45. This is on the back of a forecasted exit price of $1.74 indicated by GH model on 29 Oct. The difference between the exit and entry will give a return of 20%. The counter ends the day at $1.51 on 23 Nov 2007.
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Monday, November 12, 2007
Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd is listed in the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
Sunday, November 4, 2007
This review is a follow-up from the posting on 29 Oct 2007.
Summary of review: 2 out of 4 exit prices forecasted on the 29 Oct 2007 have been fulfilled. The 2 signals that remain open belong to Allgreen and F&N. The possiblities of fulfilling the exit prices at the pre-determined success rates are 98% and 96% respectively.
Have a nice day!